Contact Our Help Desk: 1.888.655.8642
You typically find E-mail Setup for mobile devices in the “Settings” app. From there, find “Add Account” or “Add E-mail” and choose “Other” when you see the type/brand of E-mail Account. E-mail setup in traditional E-mail clients such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail is usually found in the program under File > Accounts or Mail Accounts. Notes: not all settings may be needed; using IMAP will “sync” your email so email you delete from your phone may be deleted from other devices as well. If you are unable to configure your E-mail program, you can use TCC’s Webmail (access to email through a web page) until you can resolve your E-mail configuration.
- Server Type: IMAP
- E-mail Address: Your TCC E-mail Address (example: email@example.com)
- Username: your TCC login (the part of your email address before the @ sign)
- Password: your assigned TCC password (TCC can reset this if you don’t know it)
- Incoming Server: mail.tcc.coop (alternate: mail.airstreamcomm.net)
- Incoming Port: 143
- Use SSL: No
- Outgoing Server: mail.tcc.coop (alternate: mail.airstreamcomm.net)
- Outgoing Port: 587 (alternates to try: 25 or 465)
- Use SSL: No
- Authenticate when Sending Mail: Yes
- Use the same settings as Incoming: Yes
- If this is not an option, then type in your Username and Password in boxes provided
E-MAIL: CHANGING PASSWORDS
If you have changed your email password and need assistance making the change in your email program or device settings, visit our password instructions page.
Another E-mail alternative is to use TCC’s Webmail. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, Internet Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and go to: https://webmail.airstreamcomm.net For security purposes, Webmail may not work with older browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer 9)
E-MAIL: WEBMAIL ON MOBILE DEVICES
Webmail is primarily an alternative to computer-based email clients, which can be complicated and somewhat unreliable. Webmail is not generally built for mobile use but it does work with a few changes. If you want to use TCC Webmail on your mobile device, here are the changes we would suggest:
E-MAIL: JUNK FILTERING
TCC includes Junk E-mail & Virus Filtering with TCC E-mail accounts. This is done at the server level so filtered messages will not come through to your E-mail client. You will need to log in to the “Dashboard” or watch for your daily Spam Digest email to see your filtered mail. Our filtering sends “Daily/Spam Digest” E-mails with your recently filtered messages so you can easily release them if you wish. You can also click the “My Account” or “Settings” in the Spam Digest email to get into the main Dashboard to view all of your filtered email along with settings such as your “Friends” and “Enemies” lists (permanently allow/block by address).
To access the Junk E-mail Dashboard (all filtered mail, settings, etc.) you can click the “Settings” link from any recent Daily Digest E-mail or open your web browser and go to https://tcc.redcondor.net/console/
E-MAIL: ADDITIONAL HELP
If you would like to change your E-mail password, go the Change Password website (https://portal.airstreamcomm.net), login with your email address and password and enter your current and desired passwords.
If you do not know your current password, contact TCC.
If you need to change your password on your devices and would like assistance, try these instructions.
If you are having issues with sending or receiving E-mails, contact our Help Desk: 1.888.655.8642.
WI-FI: SIGNALS/BEST PRACTICES
Wireless (Wi-Fi) signal is limited by distance, obstructions, devices connecting, and electronic/airwave interference. Placing your router in a central location, off the floor and away from outlets, cords, appliances, fluorescent lights, and large metal objects gives you the best opportunity for a strong signal. Depending on the size/shape of your house and where you are trying to get signal, you may need a repeater or access point to boost your Wi-Fi signal.
Some routers broadcast two frequencies- 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz. Contact TCC support for advice on which frequency to use for which device(s).
WI-FI: MANAGED WI-FI
TCC now offers “Managed Wi-Fi” to provide you with the equipment, setup, and support for the Best Internet Experience. Included with Managed Wi-Fi is a Gigacenter Router, a Mesh Signal Extender, Installation, Connection of Your Wireless Devices, and Ongoing Support. Learn more about Managed Wi-Fi.
WI-FI: TECH SUPPORT OPTIONS
To get help with your Wireless devices and in-home wireless network, you have a couple options:
- TCC Managed Wi-Fi: TCC’s new service for providing you support beyond the connection. Managed Wi-Fi includes a top-quality router, a wireless extender, installation, connection of customer wireless devices and ongoing support. Learn more
- Tech Home Support plan: TCC’s new package for anti-virus, cloud backup, and password management includes complete support for your Wireless devices (setup, troubleshooting) and your wireless network using a new app called “Identi-Fi” that you can download and check signal levels around your house and more! Tech Home Support is $14.95/month. Learn more
- TCC Pro-Tech services: TCC can have a technician come to your house to set up wireless devices, check and improve your wireless network (including installing wireless extenders, if needed). TCC Pro-Tech services are billed at $100/hour for any non-service issues.
STREAMING: DEVICES & SERVICES
What is “streaming” and what do I need to stream? Click here to learn more about streaming!
Your connection consists of a TCC Router connected to fiber or coax at your location. The router can then connect to your devices both wirelessly and wired (ethernet). We can remotely access our equipment to check signal and status and set, recover, or change Wi-Fi settings for you. We cannot, however, assist with any equipment you provide yourself.
If you experience connection issues, try the following solutions:
- Try connecting from a different app/program (web browser, Facebook app, etc.)
- Reboot your device (turn off and back on)
- Try connecting from a different device (laptop, tablet, etc.)
- Try your device (the one not connecting) from a friend’s or local library connection
- Check the lights on the TCC router (if any blinking on/off, call TCC
- Reboot router – unplug power cord and plug back in (then restart your device)
- New service to cover your Wi-Fi devices: Managed Wi-Fi
If your connection is good but you are having trouble with one or more devices, try the following solutions:
- Close the app/program and re-open it
- Restart your device
- Check the Wi-Fi status (Wi-Fi on and connected to proper connection
(Turn Wi-Fi on and re-connect if currently disabled or disconnected)
- Connect device directly to router with ethernet cord (if possible)
- New service to cover your Wi-Fi devices: Managed Wi-Fi
COMPUTER/DEVICE: PRO-TECH REPAIR SERVICES
TCC offers computer repair via Security Coverage (accesses your computer remotely through Internet) and local computer technicians able to promptly and affordably fix your computer, update the hardware or software, clean it of any viruses, transfer pictures and email to a new computer and many more services! Our turn-around time is fast and our rates are far less than other area computer services. top
SUPPORT RESOURCES: CONTACT INFO
TCC provides Internet tech support to TCC.Internet customers free of charge.
1-888-655-8642 | firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORT RESOURCES: TEAM VIEWER
Team Viewer is a Remote Assistance Program from TCC – only download if instructed to by a TCC technician. Click TeamViewer box below to get started:
Now more than ever there are scams, fake emails and infected websites trying to get us. There are dozens of them going around at any given time. Some come in by email, others by phone call and still others through web sites you visit. Almost all of them require your participation at some level – whether that is clicking on a link or file from an email or agreeing to something over the phone.
SECURITY/BACKUP: TECH HOME
TCC now offers a new package called “Tech Home” that includes Anti-Virus, Cloud Backup, and Password Manager to help protect your computers and data. The Tech Home “Protect” plan is included with TCC Internet and protects 1 PC and 1 mobile device. To protect additional devices and for complete Wi-Fi support, you can upgrade to the Tech Home “Protect Plus” or “Support” plans. Learn more about Tech Home.
We want you to have the information you need so you are not taken in by a scam. These scams are very good and very convincing. They are trained to handle your objections. Some of the most popular scams include:
“Your computer has a virus and they want to help you clean it”
“You won money and they want to help you claim it”
“Your account will be disabled unless you provide them info so they can fix it”
Click the PLAY button below to listen to an actual call one of our staff members received!
Here is how to keep yourself safe:
- Don’t believe emails saying you’ve won something, owe something, or need to confirm something – just delete them!
- Don’t listen to somebody who calls and says you have a virus; just hang up!
- Don’t click links in emails that you aren’t expecting or that look fishy
- Don’t click banners and links saying your computer is slow or infected
- Don’t trust “free” programs online (games, “cleanup” programs, etc.)
- DO have a good Anti-Virus program. Don’t have one? Get SecureIT+ which is part of our Tech Home!
- DO watch where you go online; stay away from pages with too many ads
- DO back up your most important files in case something does happen
- DO call us if you have any questions or want to verify something!
- DO bring your computer to TCC if you get infected; our tech’s can get your computer cleaned quickly and affordably!
TCC serves the following communities with Internet: Alma Center, Arcadia, Blair, Centerville, Eleva, Elk Creek, Ettrick, Fairchild, Galesville, Hixton, Humbird, Independence, Merrillan, Northfield, Pigeon Falls, Pleasantville, Osseo, Strum, Trempealeau, Whitehall. We generally offer service in each town and in limited areas outside of town. In Eleva, Strum, Independence, Northfield, Pigeon Falls, and Pleasantville, we are the incumbent telephone provider and offer Internet, Cable, and Telephone services to all addresses in those areas. Click/touch map for larger view.
Internet services provided by Tri-West Communications, LLC – a TCC company.