NetValet from Calix is an intuitive, easy-to-use app that lets you log into and manage your Calix Gigacenter router. You can manage your primary Wi-Fi network, set up a guest Wi-Fi network, and set parental controls. You just download it to your smartphone or tablet through your Apple App Store (see description) or the Google Play Store (see description).
- Search for Net Valet in your App Store or Google Play Store
- Tap the Get or Install button to download the app
- Type in your app store password if prompted
- After the download finishes, you will have an icon on one of your home screens to Net Valet
- Tap Net Valet to open it
- You will be prompted to sign in with a Google (Gmail) account or a Facebook account
- Choose one and sign in. If you don’t have either, choose Google and you can create a free account on the spot
- After signing in, you should be prompted to scan the QR code on your Gigacenter router
- Go to your Gigacenter router and hold your mobile device so the red line in the camera frame scans up and down over the QR code
- When it scans, it will connect with your Gigacenter and the app will open to the main screen!
[click a picture to see the full-sized view]
With Net Valet, you can:
- Setup users (family members) and which device(s) they use on your Internet
- Create policies for access based on days/times and apply policies to users
- See and change your Wi-Fi password
- Activate a Guest Network for friends/relatives
- See which applications use the most data on your network
For help, click the Menu icon (3 lines) in the corner and tap “Help” then choose a topic.