VOICEMAIL | ONLINE ACCOUNT ACCESS | CALLING FEATURES | GENERAL HELP
VOICEMAIL: SETUP, ACCESS, MENUS
First Time Setup:
Dial *98 from your home phone, follow prompts to set up PIN number, record your name and record your greeting.
Accessing Voice Mail from Home:
Dial *98, enter your PIN number
Accessing Voice Mail Remotely:
Dial your phone number, press * to interrupt your greeting, enter your PIN and press #
1= Get messages
2= Send messages
3= Greetings menu
Message Options (while in Voice Mail):
1= Repeat message
2= Save message
3= Erase message
4= Reply to message
ONLINE PHONE ACCOUNT ACCESS
In our traditional exchange areas (Eleva, Independence, Northfield, Pigeon Falls, Pleasantville, Strum), it is called Comm Portal.
(a) Access Comm Portal: http://voicemail.tcc.coop
(b) Log in with your phone number and Voicemail PIN.
(c) For more assistance, see our Comm Portal Guide
In our new, Cable-Phone areas, it is called Self-Care Portal. TCC needs to activate the Self-Care Portal first. Contact TCC first to activate this for you.
(a) Access Self-Care Portal: http://selfserve.tcc.coop/users/login/
(b) Register your account, login in to your account
(c) For more assistance, see our Self-Care Portal Guide
TCC has a wide variety of helpful calling features including Caller ID, Selective Call Rejection, Smart Call, and Simultaneous Ring to help you receive the important calls while avoiding the unwanted calls.
(a) View calling feature details, prices and instructions (pdf file) or
(b) Refer to the green section in the front of the TCC Telephone Directory
(c) Contact TCC with specific problem/questions
GENERAL: NO DIAL TONE
If you do not have dial-tone, try these troubleshooting steps:
1. Try a different phone; preferably a corded (not cordless or AC dependent) phone
2. Check for any phone devices left off-hook or otherwise not working
3. Check to see if any other services from TCC are working (Cable tv, Internet)
4. Contact TCC for assistance: 800-831-0610 or email@example.com
GENERAL: PHONE ISSUES
1. If cordless, put handset on base, unplug AC (power) cord from wall and plug back in
2. Also if cordless, leave on charging base for at least one hour in case battery is dead
3. Try a different phone; preferably a corded (not cordless or AC dependent) phone in the same outlet
4. Check for any other phone devices left off-hook
5. Plug a phone into the NID on the outside of your home (open the lid, unplug phone wire to house)
6. Try replacing the battery (charge new batteries for at least 12 hours before using)
7. Contact TCC about replacing that phone
GENERAL: INCOMING MAINSTREET MESSENGER/SENSAPHONE CALLS
Receiving a phone call that starts with “beep-beep-beep-beep…” emergency tones means your friend or relative has an emergency phone such as a MainStreet Messenger or a Sensaphone and YOU are one of their contacts and they NEED HELP.
If your friend has a MainStreet Messenger:
Press “5” when you hear this emergency tone to establish two-way communication. The emergency tone will stop and the caller’s speakerphone will turn on. After one minute, you will hear the emergency tone again. Press “5” to continue the call. If you do not hear your friend on the line, please call for help immediately.
Press “0” before hanging up. If you call your friend back after hanging up (or if anyone else calls your friend), the emergency tones will be heard. Press “5” to turn on the speakerphone. The MainStreet Messenger will redial your friend’s emergency numbers every twenty minutes. Emergency dialing can be canceled only by pressing the CANCEL key on your friend’s phone.
If your friend has a SensaPhone:
Press “555” to acknowledge the call; then listen and follow the prompts/instructions
TCC serves the following communities with Phone: Alma Center, Arcadia, Blair, Centerville, Eleva, Elk Creek, Ettrick, Fairchild, Galesville, Hixton, Humbird, Independence, Merrillan, Northfield, Pigeon Falls, Pleasantville, Osseo, Strum, Trempealeau, Whitehall.
For other help or to contact us about a trouble, visit our Customer Care Page
Phone services provided by Tri-County Telcom, LLC – a TCC company.